From ZeroRanger Wiki
Updates[edit | edit source]
28 September 2018[edit | edit source]
- Initial release of ZeroRanger.
2 October 2018[edit | edit source]
- Fixed controls locking up during certain transitions
- Fixed some music playback & Sound test inconsistencies
- Fixed some crashes
- Removed an [unfriendly oversight]
22 December 2018[edit | edit source]
- Gamepad button remapping supported
- Both XInput and DirectInput gamepads supported
- The typo that killed player 2 gamepad entirely is fixed - sorry about that!
- Additional & optional settings: Analog/digital movement, slow button, 3rd weapon autofire
- Some bugs gone (stingy score salamander, floor prison)
- Some crashes gone (being shy about your team name in co-op)
- Probably some others too but it's been a while since the last patch
- A little bird told us someone wished for a season-appropriate palette, so GREEN+RED has been added! And since it's the worst possible palette regarding colorblindness, we threw in another icy & spicy palette too.
23 December 2018[edit | edit source]
- Fixed weird gamepad remap behavior
- Steam screenshots now work
13 January 2019[edit | edit source]
- Fixed issue where a gamepad was recognized as both player 1 and player 2
- Fixed issue where keyboard was recognized as player 2 and a gamepad cannot start the game
Planned update[edit | edit source]
- Tamed down Rank (dynamic difficulty) increase
- Rank-enraged ringdrones are less likely to pointblank you
- Nerfed Artypo
- Nerfed 1-4 orb boss a bit for lower ranks
- Nerfed 2-4 boss orb phase a bit
- Increased C-lockon size & agility
- Buffed C-charge lv3 shot damage, makes a big splash upon hitting strong targets for more feel too
- Buffed B-sword (tad faster charge, bit more damage for charge)
- Nerfed B-drill (weaker drill part, slightly stronger debris though)
25 June 2020[edit | edit source]
- WHITE VANILLA mode was added to the game
- GREEN ORANGE mode received slight changes, with minor enemy bullet pattern changes, and bug fixes.
- General settings were added, such as the ability to change the player shot color to green instead of orange, and the ability to erase your save data within the game.
- The final soundtrack was added in this update, adding the white vanilla tracks, as well as the final tracks for Final B'ex and the Heavy Heart.
- Added extras after beating GREEN ORANGE, which feature animated easter eggs and lore clues, and all new art.
28 September 2021 - Third Anniversary update[edit | edit source]
FEATURES:[edit | edit source]
- Steam Cloud Saves
- Lock-on Buff (defensive properties): Upon releasing a group of locked-on lasers, a bullet-cancelling shockwave is emitted. How this shockwave works exactly depends on the ship.
- 3-button combination input leniency option
- FPS display added to VISUALS menu (Previously only available through pressing F2)
- CONTROLS menu revamped for better clarity
- A bunch of visual flair and clarifications.
- "Masher's Curse"
BUGFIXES:[edit | edit source]
- Executable no longer needs to extract itself: Resolves some cases of the game not running due to machine permissions stopping either the extraction process or the extracted files.
- GREEN ORANGE co-op life gain was simultaneously broken in two different ways that somehow cancelled each other out and it kind of worked...? Fixed that (both of them)
- Stage 4 SE-bonuses can no longer be collected too early so that they disappear from the SE-bonus tally.
- A bunch of small, yet not exactly innocent bugs
References[edit | edit source]
- eebrozgi on 2018-12-23 on the ZeroRanger Discord
- eebrozgi on 2019-04-16 on the ZeroRanger Discord